It’s been 7 months since I got back on the bike. Before leaving, I sold both of my race bikes and ran over my last remaining bike, a mountain bike, on accident. On September 15, 2008, I got back on the bike and since then have travelled 3000 miles.
I guess it is not that big of a deal. But here are some of the things I have recognized as being different in my life after choosing a bicycle as my main form of transportation.
- I feel stronger and more physically fit.
- I travel for pretty much free.
- Traffic and parking rarely seem to be an issue.
- I produce less toxic output from travelling(depends on fuel intake).
- When I get to where I am going, I am awake, alert, and energized.
Lastly, today is my birthday. Somehow I made it to 26 years old. Never saw this one coming, but im still kicking. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. Truly appreciate it.